2.16.2008

thoughts unspoken...

last night i was doing the usual theological discussion amongst friends...

except this time i was surrounded by new faces which in turn means.....first, new location (san luis obispo)...new ideas..new passions..new....souls? of course...this was probably why i was also doing more listening than actual talking...

nonetheless i am undoubtedly the typical skeptic who dabbles in pessimism (what a christian, right?). This applies especially when it comes to the idea of soul-mates. I refuse to agree that there is someone meant for me...but i always feed off of the hope of people who do believe in soul-mates--namely, my best friend, Lauren.

Last night, then, the overwhelming majority did not believe in a love that was planned. Maybe it was only a little, but my heart did break at this point (as I saw the nods that really meant "negative, ghostrider" around the room). I felt, if I won't fight for the idea--then who will? What is the belief in a soul-mate other than a belief in fate? And if we can't believe in soul-mates then to what lengths does our belief in fate extend? I'm afraid not far enough.

At least not far enough for the skeptic/pessimist.





ps don't judge my bad grammar. it adds spunk.

No comments: